Minor Project Application
Click below for the PDF application form for a Minor Project (Landscape, Hardscape, or Re-landscape or Re-hardscape of the front, side or rear of a residence or to Add a Pool, Spa or other structure anywhere on the property; Re-roofing (include material, weight and color); Exterior Lighting (lighting plan to be added to exterior elevation plan), Fences, Hedges, Walls, Gates, Replacement of Doors and/or Windows, Tennis and Sports Courts):
Click here: MINOR Project Application1
Minor Project Fees and Submittal Procedures: MINOR Project Submittal Procedures
DROP OFF Address (effective 1/5/18): 17933 Castellammare Drive, Pacific Palisades, 90272. OK to leave on red table under gazebo. 8AM-9PM on submittal days. Call if another date.
THE FOLLOWING IS UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO BY OWNER(s)/APPLICANT(s):
- Substantial construction with intent to diligently complete the job must begin within one (1) year from the date of approval. Otherwise, the approval expires unless an extension is requested in writing and granted.
- A set of plans stamped approved by the CRHOA must be kept on the job site for inspection by the Association’s representatives and/or any interested owner(s) of property in the tracts.
- Any deviation from or alteration to the approved drawings and specifications, during construction or at any time thereafter, renders the approval null and void. Any deviation from the Architectural Guidelines must be specifically noted and called out in the submission package.
- The Architectural Review Committee* (“ARC”) shall have the right but not the obligation to periodically inspect the project without prior notice. Owner understands that any such inspection does not relieve the owner from the duty to comply with the Association’s Architectural Guidelines and all applicable Building & Fire Codes.
- Unless the approved drawings and specifications show the location of, and specifications for, fences, walls, gates, hedges, and other hardscaping and landscaping, aerials for radio or television and/or other structures of any kind, you are required to submit drawings and specifications in duplicate (and the appropriate fee) and obtain CRHOA written approval before constructing or installing any or all of them.
- Neither the ARC’s consent to the Project nor any inspection of it shall give rise to any liability by the Association, the ARC, or its representatives. Owner agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Association, its officers, directors, ARC members, employees, consultants and agents from claims arising from the Project or its approval or inspection by the ARC.
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Unless the parties agree to arbitration or mediation as provided for in Civil Code §1354, any dispute involving enforcement or interpretation of the Association’s Governing Documents or which arises in connection with the management or operation of the Association shall be heard by a judicial reference (“Referee”) without a jury pursuant to the provisions of Section 638 of the Code of Civil Procedure. If the parties cannot agree on a Referee, one shall be appointed by the Court in accordance with Section 640 of the Code of Civil Procedure. All issues shall be determined in compliance with the judicial rules, statutory and decisional law, and rules of evidence of the State of California. Discovery shall be limited to depositions and requests for the inspection, production and copying of documents. Depositions may be taken by either party upon seven (7) days’ written notice. Request for production or inspection of documents shall be responded to within ten (10) days after service. The cost of the Referee shall be shared equally between the parties. However, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. The judgment shall be subject to all post-trial procedures and appeals.
SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS
(Landscape, Hardscape, or Re-landscape or Re-hardscape of the front, side or rear of a residence or to Add a Pool, Spa or other structure anywhere on the property; Re-roofing (include material, weight and color); Exterior Lighting (lighting plan to be added to exterior elevation plan), Fences, Hedges, Walls, Gates, Replacement of Doors and/or Windows, Tennis and Sports Courts)
1) Submit the required fee, the application signed by the owner (s), two (2) complete sets; two (2) sets reduced to 8-1/2×11″ of drawings, and 1 set in Adobe PDF format of drawing specifications and other materials in sufficient detail to demonstrate that the Architectural Guidelines are satisfied, as follows:
a) A site plan and other drawings that clearly reference the:
- Property line (include measurement from street side face of the curb to the property line)
- Elevations of all vertical elements
- Pilasters, and details of lighting (for fences/gates)
- Exact location of all elements, e.g., any barbeque, fireplace, or built-in seating, location of pool equipment and location of key pads to show how gates will open
- Size and type of trees and plant materials to be installed, with maximum proposed hedge heights
- A survey may be required
b) Attach a copy of any existing city or CRHOA variance of which you are aware. Otherwise we will assume none exists.
c) If you are seeking a variance from the city or CRHOA, attach a cover letter setting forth any justification you may have.
2) Each page of the submittal must be numbered and dated.
3) Revised submissions (if required) must be complete sets as detailed above, and bear the revision date.
4) Standard Review: The ARC meets approximately once per month. Deadline for submittal is 10 days prior to the meeting date. Approval or disapproval letters normally are sent within fifteen (15) days after the meeting. CRHOA retains one set of the approved plans; the other set of approved plans is returned with the approval letter.
5) Expedited Architect Review: As an option, for an increased fee, the CRHOA architect will review the plans within 10 business days and provide comments to you in advance of the first review of the plans by the ARC. If they are nonconforming, the architect will work with you or your representative on a one-time basis to assist you in bringing the plans into conformance. You or your representative must make the corrections and provide two (2) corrected sets of plans, 3 new 8 ½ x 11 copies and new PDF in accordance with the above-noted submittal requirements. Your submittal must still be reviewed and an approval granted or denied by the ARC at its next scheduled meeting. You will receive a written response after the ARC meeting.
6) Fee Schedule (non-refundable): Dues-Paying / Non-Dues Paying
|Fences, walls, gates, hedges, pools, spa, new roof, doors, windows, sports courts, etc||
|Fences, walls, gates, hedges, pools, spas, new roof, doors, windows, sports courts, etc submitted after start of project||
|Resubmittal of fences, walls, gates, hedges, pools, spas, new roof, etc. due to nonconformance or insufficient information||
|Expedited Architect review of fences, walls, hedges, gates, pools, spas, new roof, etc.||
|Expedited Architect review of above projects submitted after start of project||$1 ,500||
How to Submit: Please check our website, www.rivierahomeowners.com, for review deadline dates, Architectural Guidelines and other helpful information, or call 310/454-5245. Drop Off Address: 17933 Castellammare Drive, Pacific Palisades 90272. OK to leave on the red table under the gazebo. 8AM-9PM on submittal days. Call if another date.